Preparing for Colonoscopy
The course you take to prepare for your colonoscopy will depend on your gastroenterologist, but all patients should prepare to cleanse the bowel completely beforehand and arrange for a ride home – as driving is not allowed for 24 hours following the procedure.
Your Northeast Digestive Health Center provider will provide specific prep instructions at your consultation. The three primary courses ordered for colonoscopy procedure preparation are:
- Miralax Prep Instructions (PDF)
- Split Dose CLENPIQ Prep (PDF)
- Split Dose Movi Prep Instructions (PDF)
- Split Dose Suprep Instructions (PDF)
Preparing for Endoscopy
Endoscopic procedures vary in terms of invasiveness, uses and capabilities. Your doctor will provide prep instructions prior to your procedure. The following are procedure prep instructions for the primary types of endoscopy used by Northeast Digestive Health Center’s gastroenterologists:
Preparing for FibroScan®
- It is important to have your FibroScan® examination on an empty stomach. Do not eat anything for at least 3 hours prior to your examination.
- Wear comfortable clothes that will allow access to the right side of your rib cage.
- It is important to tell your health care provider if you are pregnant, or if you have any active implantable devices, such as pacemakers, defibrillators or pumps.
*Please note: In order to schedule this procedure, your primary care physician must refer you.
FibroScan® is FDA-approved for clinical management of patients with liver disease and is covered by most insurance carriers. FibroScan® probes are adapted to most body-types patients and to all ages, from pediatric to adults. For more information about this procedure, please contact Northeast Digestive Health Center at (704) 783-1840.
- Pill Cam (PDF)